It’s patch Tuesday, time to make sure your computer is up to date with the latest and greatest Microsoft security fixes to help keep you safe.
http://www.update.microsoft.com/ -Get it started here!
While you’re at it…
Why not take things a little further and check what other programs might need some updating and run a little maintenance.
- Run CCleaner - a good house cleaning app that remove cookies and temp files. If you’re brave, it can even be used to reduce start-up items and uninstall programs. (If you’re not a risk taker or are unsure, ask a professional)
- Antivirus / Anti-malware – check for definition and program updates and run scans (individually of course)
- Have some old unused programs? Reclaim that hard drive space, get rid of them with Revo Uninstaller.
- Disk maintenance, – is your hard drive running all the time, the little light on constantly? Maybe it’s time to defragment your drive. As it sounds, fragmentation is little bits of data all over your drive in no particular order. You can use Defraggler or MyDefrag, both do a great job.
- Pickup some compressed air – you would be surprised at how fast and how much dust your computer can store. Don’t let dust kill your computer, two minutes of work can extend your computer life by increasing the performance of the cooling system.
Running maintenance is essential to keep your computer running at optimal performance. Making a routine of it can help reduced virus and malware infections and extend the life of your computer.